page hit counter

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Load of crap

I'm beginning to suspect the whole thing is just a female conspiracy.

The Dude, with the exception of his requisite chin scratches, leaves me well enough alone. He hardly comes near me, let alone tries to d-r-o-w-n me. In fact, I think he may very well be on my side, since he cringes whenever Curiosa mentions the word "nooter." He also whispered to me that he'll go and hold my paw when D-Day finally arrives.

And my little sister, the Mini Kitten (also known as Vessa, since my pal Fat Eric was wondering), stayed suspiciously dry throughout the whole event.

You guessed it. Today was bathtime. Again.

I really don't give a rat's ass (and if I had one, I sure as heck wouldn't give it up) that it was me who stepped in the poop (BY ACCIDENT!) and started to track it through the apartment. It's not my fault that my fur is so long and luxurious that stuff gets stuck in it. And it's an honor for Curiosa that I let her sleep in my bed, so she's just being ungrateful to say she doesn't want to sleep with a smelly cat. (Besides, the Mini Kitten is the one who drops the deadly cat bombs!)

I'll spare you the gory details, but suffice it to say that I have once again joined the ranks of the poor little wet cats.

Don't you just feel so, so sorry for me?

P.S. Unlike last time, there was no bowling bag involved, so Curiosa has stuck to her promise on that one, but I swear to God she uttered the phrase, "I hereby solemnly swear to never, ever again attempt to bathe His Most Esteemed and Benevolent Highness the Dictator Currently Known as Sir Ullrick the Wondercat the III 1/2." Where there any witnesses?

11 Comments:

At 3:59 AM, Blogger Petey said...

Oh the horror, a bath. When will the insanity end. I'll let you in on how I get out of a water bath. I don't know if it's available where you are, but I use Miracle Coat foaming cat shampoo whenever I start to stinkin' badly. The mom doesn't call me Stinky Pete for nothing. Sometimes it really sucks being a long haired cat.

 
At 4:58 AM, Blogger Gigolo Kitty said...

The Dude seems OK. Maybe he won't be a bad addition to your family. As for the baths, you can NEVER trust a human - they will promise anything to get what they want.

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...

oooops, sorry no witness here ~Merlin, Shadow, KO KO

You may not have our rat's asses. ~poiland Rodentia

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Curiosa said...

By the way, regarding witnesses, I don't care so much whether or not anycat actually heard her say it, I'm just looking for a cat that is willing to swear that he or she did on a stack of tuna fish cans.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

not another bath! goodness. get that statement in writing, and get it notarized. then she can be arrested if she does it again. right?

 
At 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just how many tuna cans are we talking about here, Ullrick...? Just so I can remember correctly... ;)

 
At 2:02 AM, Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

wow, for a little kitty you certainly get lotsa baths. i'm almost 9 and i've never had a bath....

 
At 2:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bathing a cat?? What the h--- do they think they're doing???! (Pardon my French, but baths get me all upset.) Someone needs to set your human straight pronto. Poor dear Ullrick...

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

Curiosa won't sleep with a smelly cat, but she has no problem sleeping with the smelly dude?!

She needs to get her story straight!

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Curiosa said...

Kukka-

The DUDE doesn't ever smell like poop. And he certainly doesn't lick his butt before he kisses me.

Besides, Ullrick and Mini Kitten can appreciate the use of opposable thumbs for opening cans of stinky goodness. There are also other things that opposable thumbs are good for.

 
At 12:19 AM, Blogger Fat Eric said...

Poor Ullrick. My humans wouldn't dare give me a bath, but I have just been carpet-shampooed, which was stressful enough (see my blog for the gory details).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home