page hit counter

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Calling all Paws! Take Two

Image hosting by Photobucket Sometimes I don't know what goes on in this girl's head. Curiosa has been talking about two different things that will radically turn my furry little life upside down. First, she says it's time to noooooooter me. I'm not entirely sure what that entails, but it doesn't sound fun. She says that it's better not to ask questions that I might not want the answers to.

Second, she thinks I'm lonely because I've starting chasing my own tail, and I keep slipping and sliding on the wooden floors when I tear around the apartment. She tries to chase me sometimes, but she says it might be more fun to be chased by someone who could follow me under the sofa. This kitty in the picture is a little girl by the name of Findus, and she has to find a new home. She's two and a half and her daddy is allergic to her. Isn't she pretty? Curiosa is waiting to see if a new job here in Stockholm might work out, because then she will invite Findus to stay at Casa Curiosa with me. (It's actually Casa Ullrick, but don't tell her that!)

The problem is, if the job doesn't work out, Curiosa might have to think about going back to the U.S.. She thinks the trip will be hard enough with me, let alone with two kitties in tow. Do any of you travelling paws out there have any advice? Have you flown around the world and lived to tell the tail? If so, please share!!

7 Comments:

At 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I stumbled onto this site when trying to figure out how to take my kitties to South Africa from the States...28 countries on 4 continents!! This cat's been everywhere!! I think I'm jealous.

http://www.ramblincat.com/

Good luck with the job!

Alicia

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger Hanna-Stina said...

My kitty is flying from Stockholm to San Diego right now. (She just got on a plane from Chicago about 10 minutes ago.) My husband is bringing her. It isn't that complicated for a Swedish cat to come to the US. Let me know if you need more details about it! :)

 
At 4:33 AM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Get in touch with Opus and Roscoe at Cat Naps In Italy. The link is on my blog. They moved from the US to Italy.

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger The Crew said...

I've never traveled anywhere but to the V.E.T. but I can tell you it's good having a sister & brother. They're good company plus when something "happens", you're not the only one to blame!

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

My suggestion is to RUN when anyone says anything about "nootering." Although, in the end, it might keep you calm and living long and happy. I'm told you won't even notice that something's missing!

Hope the job situation goes OK and that you get new friend to live with you.

 
At 5:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would not like to travel, but if mine mom was at the other end I think it would be okay.

 
At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're going, have Mom call the airline ahead of time. Depending on the size of the plane, she should probably be able to carry on two cats (one is OK for sure) in a modest-size carrier.

In the unlikely event that you absolutely have to fly Baggage Class, see if Mom can have the pilot leave the light on in the hold (most will gladly do so), and ask the baggage supervisor to load you in at the very last possible moment. That way you don't sit out on the tarmac with the luggage (very helpful if the weather is lousy), and you're first off the plane. I don't know about all airports or airlines, but the handful of times I've had to fly, the ones my parents took me on have always been very accommodating. Traveling this way wasn't much fun, but I managed.

Finally, if at all possible, ask Mom to arrange the itinerary so that the transatlantic leg is as short as possible. In other words, take SAS to EWR (8h30) or USAir to PHL (9h15) rather than, say, flying FRA-LAX (11h+) or something. That long leg is a real pain!

/Rydberg's dog

p.s.

One last thing, 'ere I go
Some advice you should know
(Pretend I am a voice from your future):

You should try, while you're able,
To chase girl kitties under
All the couches and tables.

'Cause I'll tell you, my friend,
Life's less fun 'round that bend,
When you've been to the vet to get tutored.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home